Clermont State Historic Site & State Park
Seven successive generations of the family left their imprint on the site’s architecture, room interiors and landscape.
In addition to the Clermont family home, the property houses five historic gardens restored to their early 20th century appearance and five marked trails for the outdoor enthusiast. Both hikers and cross country skiers will enjoy the same trails the Livingston family developed as carriage roads, farm roads or as recreation trails for their varied guests.
- The Four Gardens of Clermont
- South Spring Garden – gorgeous views of the Hudson River
- Cutting Garden – once provided cut flowers for vases in the house
- Walled Garden – influenced by gardens in Florence, Italy
- Wilderness Garden – connects the Upper Garden with the Walled Garden, the centerpiece is the fishpond.
- Equestrian trails
- Picnic Area
- Cross Country Skiing & Snowshoeing
Gardens & Grounds open year-round from 8:30am – sunset
Visitors Center and Mansion are CLOSED at this time.
$5 Parking Fee
Collected weekends & holidays between beginning of April – end of October (11am – 4pm)